Kobe Bryant Shoes for the 2009-10 NBA Season: Nike Zoom Kobe V (5)
Jan 1, 2010: Kobe Bryant has new shoes for the 2010 NBA Season: Nike Zoom Kobe V (5), the lightest shoes ever made by Nike.
The fifth edition of Kobe's signature shoes in the Lakers colorway was ready on January 16, 2010 initially only at Footlocker. It is the evolution and redesign of the beautiful line featured by the Zoom Kobe IV and includes the top technologies available from Nike.
It is Nike's lightest weight and lowest profile basketball shoe to date. Kobe participated in the decision making of the shoe design and his idea about the even lower top was inspired on the footwear worn by the soccer players.
Note: Wearing these sneakers Kobe reached the 25,000-point mark and later become the Lakers all-time scoring leader.
Kobe Bryant Basketball Shoes Pictures: Nike Zoom Kobe V (5)
Zoom Kobe V Picture Gallery I...
Zoom Kobe V Picture Gallery II...
Lighter and lower than ever before, the Zoom Kobe V is equipped to help the league's most dangerous scorer defend the title 48 minutes at a time.
Quick, light and precise. Weighting in at only 10.6 ounces, the Kobe V is lighter and lower than its revolutionary predecessor and built for precision cuts in every direction--if you can dish it the Kobe V can take it. A devastating tool in the hand of skilled masters, this menacing sequel is too hot to miss.
Nike Zoom Kobe 5 Features:
- Low Top: Lighter and lower than ever before, the Zoom Kobe V is equipped to help the league's most dangerous scorer defend the title 48 minutes at a time.
- Sculpted Midsole: When you're cutting to the basket as fast as Kobe does, you don't need material around the ankle getting in your way.
- The carved-out phylon midsole is sculpted for jab step to jump shot artistry and keep Kobe's feet light going into the 4th quarter.
- Flywire: Straight and cross-wired Flywire skins work together to contain Kobe's movements like no other double-team can.
- Molded Heel: A soccer-inspired molded heel keeps Kobe's feet from sliding around inside the V's and makes footwork easy.
- Outsole: Heart is the foundation. A heartbeat-patterned herringbone sole can give you traction when you switch directions.
- Dual Zoom Air: Zoom bags in the heel and the forefoot provide extra cushion when Kobe's landing that first step past the defender.
- The Kode: Not a player in the league can decipher Kobe's game, but you can try to decipher his Kode.
- Second Layer Skins: Shark fin and snake scale skins. The identifying marks of a cold-blooded shooter.